Thursday, July 15, 2010

Family( disclaimer I used my iPod so the words maybe weird lol just fill in what you think belongs)

Today is Thursday and I got back to Libreville on Tuesday night. Not only was I welcomed by a group of screaming sisters, but Johnny romance also said he was excited to see me :) then we drove home from the guest house and was thengreeted by the rest of tue family as soon as we pulled up. I was SO excited to see them and papa Tim of course! I got to meet or two new sisters who are wonderful as well but it was so good to see the family. So so so good. I have sorta been in a junk the last couple weeks but I was rejuvenated when I saw my family again. God has been teaching me some really cool stuff about that. It ties back with feeling like God is my constant. Remember that blog? About being to attached to meg and feeling like God was saying, "listen only I can be your constant" and I sort of took that as that my need of feeling a home was not sinful but just not healthy. Well I was wrong. Throguh this Gad has been showing me how with the body of Christ we are a family. As much as I appreciate and love everyone of you backbone, I don't "need" you in order for me to feel the aspect of family in a Christ way. All I need is some brothers and sisters in love with Jesus and who care about me and who look out for me and I am set. The feeling of home is not bad. The need for feeling like home is not bad either. God is my constant yes, but he uses those around me to help Him be my constant. God understands my personality and my feelings and desires in a way that I never understood and probably never will but I just find it really awesome that regardless to where I am, I get a little freaked out at first because it's not familiar and the , after I realize my family is here and now, I feel home again. I'm home. I know it's going to be hard to come back to the states and we only have 4 weeks left, but I am excited to start living a radical life again. To live simply and not In my mindset from before. To live in the darkness with Christ around me via my physical family. Takin all of what I have learned, am learning and will learn, and begin to apply it to my life back home. I can't wait. :)
So after a wonderful greeting from my brothers and sisters they made me a cake and sang happy birthday!!! :) the next day I got to sleep in (thanks papa Tim) and b holler and I talked all morning. I've missed her :) after that we went to the hope house where, when I got out of thecar Masunda ran up to me saying "ELLE MOI BLANCH" which means my white my white! And he jumped on my back and the rest of the kids realized I was there and jumped on me after that. Christofer (my little sweetheart 9 year old who just recently ran away) came up at squeezed me as hard ad I've ever been squeezed. They were climbing and kissing my cheek the whole rest of the day. I missed those kids dearly...and will be adopting all 27 of them...I'm gonna try and sneak Masunda and Bumba in my suitcase but they can get feisty....we will seen;)
But it's been so wonderful being home and with the fam again. Mama mer also came home today and that was so nice!! :) we have missed her so its just good to have the family back in one piece again! I actually back to bongolo on Monday for a week but its with the fam so it will be chill :) love you guys hope your summer is as banging as mine! I mean I will find it hard to beleive because you're not in Africa but I can still pray for it ;) love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment