Sunday, July 4, 2010

sunday in the Jungle

This morning I woke up around 8 am and could not go back to sleep. I decided to take the day off from church because they were leaving at 6 am but the real reason was because I was going to the 4th of July BBQ that the missionaries on the station were having. OH! I forgot to tell you about my beloved birthday!
Yesterday morning I woke up around 10 (they let me sleep in! :) and came out to a wonderful breakfast with the table decorated and fresh jungle flowers picked! We had french toast, banana bread and some ginger bread. After that we went to a 4th of July parade and one of the missionaries made me a little goodie basket of snacks from the states and a bookmark :). Then we came home and Lisa and Brittney made pizza for dinner and made me a cake! I also got to talk to many of you :) and Papa Tim called and the rest of the interns sang Happy Birthday to me from the other side of the country :). Loved it!
So we had a BBQ and it was lovely. Brittney and I came home after and she went to take a nap and I started writing in my journal. I sort of felt unrest at that so I decided to go on a little adventure. I put my jeans back on, my chucks, bug spray (of course! Oh yea I havnt mentioned...i am getting eaten ALIVE by these stupid no-see-um things. Evil aunt lisa wont let me scratch them either!), my water bottle and my ambition. I was off to face the jungle! I got about half way down the mountain of jungle before I realized that it was sort of a drop off and I created my own path because this route was not yet taken. That was sort of a sign for me to return. I went to turn around and I sort of slipped down (it was raining at this point) and slid with snakes and God knows what else down this jungleous mountain looking thing. Scared out of my friggin mind I got up and was covered in these weird african bush things and I had a moment of panic because I thought they were some sort of insect, but then I realized that it was just a plant. I heard some slithering and moving in the trees so hen I decided ok, I really am going back haha. So I went back and decided to just chill for the rest of my sunday.
Moral of the story is:
Crazy things can happen when you are bored in the jungle... ;)

3 comments:

  1. STAY OUT OF THE BLOODY JUNGLE!!! DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE AND PUSH YOU OFF OF A MOUNTAIN BECAUSE I WILL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to see you try....oh and do NOT yell at me sir. I will come to Nyack and push you into the friggin Hudson...remember what your mom said...i would still be welcomed in their home even if i murdered you :D. i love your mother...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahaha you are right - this was hilarious! oh man - i love you and ur stories! lol at least a tree didn't fall on you! :)

    ReplyDelete