Monday, August 9, 2010

Numbers.....

Here I am...waking up early again...sickening! ;). I woke up about 730 today with a deep feeling in my chest that i only have two more days on this beloved continent, with these most incredible people. I am just going to "embrace" it(that one's for you Mufasa) and accept the challenges ahead. I have been fighting the way i have been feeling because I have this sense that i need to be strong when i go home. None of you are making me feel that way, in fact so many of you are encouraging me to be weak, but i have this way in me that I feel i need to be strong. I only have three weeks in Buffalo and i dont want to be a complete mess the entire time, but i have to warn you... i might be. I couldnt even keep it together in church on sunday. We walked in and the place was a movin! They were screaming(some of them literally) at the top of their lungs worshiping their creator, dad, lover...their Lord. It was beautiful, and it is very rare that we see that in the states. These people were sincere, and you could feel it. It was the first time in a while that i have been moved to tears like that. I couldnt believe that i was going back to a place where we argue whether or not drums are appropriate for worship, or how you would be kicked out for waving a flag during a service,(at one service some guy had an umbrella waving...it was so beyond epic...) or for dancing. Goodness forbid someone move their feet or shake their hips for the Lord. Dont get me wrong i am so thankful for what our culture stands for on so many levels. I used to hate coming home to the states because of what was awaiting me there. This time I am sad to come home because of what i am leaving here, but i am so excited to live my life according to what God has taught me here. I might be a little extreme at times, but God doesnt need to make sense. In fact, more times than not, if it sounds crazy to other people...it usually makes sense to God. Thats kinda my two sense for this morning...i really want to tell you guys what i am learning in Numbers but there isnt enough time! We are leaving for the beach soon so i will write down my thoughts eventually :). Love you guys. I leave in 2 days....2 days guys! are you ready for me to come home? im not sure some of you are... ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am so ready for you to come home I am showing tears when I think about seeing you in 2 days! I can't wait! Ian is in Chicago so he won't be here! Everyone else is excited you are coming home! I picked up your book for vacation! I am very busy at work trying to get ready for high holidays so if you can't get a hold of me I will be working call me there on friday if you have a lay over! We didn't discuss times! I will be at the mercy of the LORD until you land safely in Buffalo!I will be praying for you because I know how hard it is for you to leave!I love your blog it speaks the truth! Well pooks until I see you and we are embracing each other balling our eyes out with greatful joy you have a blessed few days!I love you alot!MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean about the worship thing. when did it become comfortable for us to stand with our hands at our sides or tightly clenched across our chest during worship? we are standing in God's presence and it's more comfortable to stand in one spot and whisper words of praise? it's actually sickening. i know that i am absolutely to be blamed here - i fall into that very position of "comfortable". i gotta say that at the last TRS concert i went to, bryce was singing "So in this hour Everything I do, Will be all for this moment. Everything's for You.
    My heart is open And willing So take it"... i was standing there with my arms in the air, with tears in my eyes, in the presence of my Lord, my Creator, my Father. it was amazing! and i did not care who was watching me or what they would think about me. i didn't care... i was in His presence. what's sad is that i DO care when i am in church... and i shouldn't!
    can't wait to see you, mariah! thanks so much for sharing your stories and lessons with us this summer. you are an inspiration and a gift. it's okay to be broken and sad that you are leaving what you have begun to call home. it's okay to not want to come back to buffalo, or america. it's because you are where you belong... and you will be back someday. can't wait to see where these next few years in your journey will take you!

    ReplyDelete