Wednesday, July 7, 2010

monday and tuesday

Monday was pretty much insane. I woke up at 6:50, went down the hospital and led worship for the doctors before they started their day. Lisa did a lesson, but it was in french so i only understood a little bit of it. After that we hung out for a while, did some devos in English and went over to start organizing Appro which is the pharmacy that we have been working in. As soon as i walked in, i saw pastor Jacob (from Libreville, he one of the main pastors who does the mobile clinics and was the pastor of the church we saw the baptisms for) and at the same time we both started screaming because we were so excited to see each other. He immediately hugged me and oh man it was so nice to see a familiar face. It was weird how at home I felt just seeing him because of how much i miss my family in Libreville, not to mislead you though, i am having such a wonderful time in Bongolo. After i saw pastor Jacob, Brittney came in to tell us that there was a birth ready for us to see! So we got into our scrubs and went over to maternity. The women had placenta previa so she needed to have a c-section done, but the surgeon didnt think she was ready to so we waited...and waited...and waited, then finally a women came in and was ready to go. We went to eat lunch and came back to see the birth...oh my goodness. I was fine until they had to stitch her up because she tore giving birth. They stuck a needle some where that needles should never be put and i had to leave the room. But i have to admit, it was such a weird feeling when the baby actually came out. It was so exciting to see something living, breathing and crying come out of a women.
Ty and i agreed to seriously consider adoption ;). One of the doctors thinks that every teenage girl should have to watch a birth...apparently its the best form of birth control. i would have to agree :)
On tuesday we led worship again, and then we went to the dungeon to clean it out. It was SO dirty and i am pretty sure most of that stuff hasn't been touched since the hospital was built. There were GIANT spiders EVERYWHERE. for real they were the size of my hand, and after screaming the life out of my on several occasions, and the Africans laughing at me, I decided to just scream internally, shake it off and get the crap out as fast as i could so we could get out of there. Then we found this creepy light thing that weighed a bagillion kilos and it looked like the Batman signal light. we dragged it out and then finished cleaning for the day. Came home and after that went to dinner with some pretty sweet people :). Ended the day by calling the love of my life until his stupid phone died ;) which now that i am thinking about it, you could have just put the charger in....buuut it was so nice hearing his voice :).
Learning some more sweet stuff about Moses that I will update either tonight or tomorrow morning. Have a good day :)o

2 comments:

  1. Giving birth to a child is THE most amazing thing you will go through your whole life! I can't imagine not having a child if it's Gods will for you to experience the birth of a child! When I had my first child Ian the first thing I said was "Now this is what life is all about! The intense love you have for this little baby that just caused you alot of pain is the most amazing love you will ever feel for a human being your whole life and to not experience that at least once as a woman saddens me! Also you and your husband have this bonding during that time that is also a pretty intense love! Especially after he sees what you went through to give him a child! I think back to the love your dad had for you the day you were born and how happy he was to hold you and even the look on his face was the most intense love I had ever seen in a man in my life! Just thinking about it brings me to tears 19 years later! So you can adopt and give birth also! Besides you always say if its God's will! I think I will start Praying for maybe 10 years down the road when you and Ty are happily marryed and maybe a little bundle of Joy may happen to come along bacause of a pray 10 years ago! Ha! Stay safe and love you with ALL my heart!You were worth all the pain! I gave grandma Diana your blog address yesterday also! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would call me out about the phone thing on your blog hahahahaha! Ironically it occurred to me an hour after our phone convo, that I could have plugged it in. I should warn you that often the obvious occurs to me much later than it should. Just warning you what you get to look forward too...I see this as being the base of many arguments to come and I'm pumped hahaha! I can't imagine what seeing that birth was like...I'm scared. I watched part of one on tv....I couldn't finish...I'm rather squeamish with some things...again what you have to look forward to. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete